Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for fabricating aircraft parts, accessories, and trim in accordance with technical specifications. Composite technician jobs are detail-oriented and involve crafting, sanding, bonding, assembly, and autoclave with a variety of composite materials.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Specialized training in machine shop practices.
- 3 year MRO/Military Component Repair experience desired.
- Airframe License required ( Airframe & Powerplant License preferred)
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Responsibilities include reading blue prints and tape measures to ensure project accuracy and completion.
- Ability to read precision measuring tools and instruments.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, dremels, drills, and operate ovens.
- Repairing components as needed per manual and router instruction.
- Perform hot-bonding, wet lay-up preparation, and cures, using raw materials or pre-pregs, both glass and aramid fiber.
- Perform repairs with the use of various adhesives and resins.
- Remove and repair damage of honeycomb and core panels.
- Repair of thermosets and thermoplastics using adhesive bonding.
- Perform grinding, sanding, blending, deburring operation. Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Accurately records time worked on shop order.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.
- The Composite Technician will work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all
- OSHA standards in regards to personal protection equipment. Finally, responsibilities will include maintaining the shop floor free from clutter or debris and other duties as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to customers – facility cleanliness and general housekeeping.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsement for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Requirements also include a technical aptitude; the ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations; the ability to work well with others in a diverse group.
- Performs regular duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to sit, stands, bends, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with a hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.