The Marketing Intern shadows our Marketing Director and Marketing team, giving you a front-row seat to the inner workings of the marketing department the Marketing Intern will focus on administrative Marketing tasks such as updating design files, organization of marketing materials, and other similar functions in their day-to-day working. The Marketing Intern possesses excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills, and attention to detail. He/she will be more exposed to multiple areas of the Marketing arena.
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Yelp, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
- Basic Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Work with Marketing Department to create and implement campaigns
- Design and create marketing materials by formatting content and graphics
- Develop strategies to improve on existing and past marketing efforts
- Assemble and present reports that collect and analyze market research data by consolidating, summarizing, and formatting information into formats that optimize readability
- Support marketing team, company promotions, and property marketing initiatives
- Provide marketing program implementation assistance as needed
- Promote property events throughout internship
- Develop and create marketing materials by formatting content and graphics
- Support marketing team, company promotions, and property marketing initiative
- Operate with integrity and follow through on all assigned tasks to completion.
- Archive Marketing materials and promotions
- Work closely with Marketing Team to provide social media content
- Promote events, tradeshows, and webinars
- Share thought leadership content from industry publications
- Celebrate employee birthdays, anniversaries, and events via social media platforms
- Respond to comments on our pages
- Review RSS feeds and remove duplicate information
- Audit all Marketing materials for each New Benefits brand and most popular client materials
- Assist with planning various business activities and brainstorm ways to make them more efficient
- Miscellaneous Marketing projects as assigned; including but not limited systems testing and providing feedback
- Type at least 35 wpm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, OneSite, Real Page, and Velocity rental systems
- Working knowledge of online reputation management and social media
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and all Microsoft Office Programs
- Working knowledge of social media in business including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube
- Strong internet, mobile, and social media aptitude
- Above average knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of Google platform including Google Analytics, AdWords, and Business
- Excellent organizational skills/ability to manage details
- Ability to understand and carry out assignments, working independently or as part of a team
- Actively pursuing a college degree (Business Administration or Marketing preferred)
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Strong written and communication skills
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds
Skills and Abilities Required
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness of the industry and current developments
- Proficient in the use of computers, particularly marketing technology applications
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varied timelines
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Be able to stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day.
- Frequent need to see small detail and view computer screens.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and multi-task.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Google Adwords: 3 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lewisville, TX (Preferred)