Position: Aircraft Technician- Unlicensed
Required Education: H.S.Diploma or Equivalent
Travel Required: As needed
Performs troubleshooting, inspections, routine and non-routine maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data, customer maintenance program requirements, within estimated or budgeted hours and within FAA and customer standards of quality. Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Perform typical maintenance actions that include bolting, torquing, rigging, and safety wiring to include the removal and replacement of aircraft components, engines, and flight controls Responsible for completing and attaching parts tags to removed repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts IAW with customer and/or repair station guidelines. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within established safety guidelines. Use and safely operate all required powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Performs additional duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Two (2) years hands on maintenance experience with heavy fixed wing aircraft (eg. C-5, KC-135, C-130). Experience to include maintenance repair, overhaul, and troubleshooting, in a line maintenance or heavy aircraft maintenance modification environment or similar military experience.
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to FAR Part 145 repair station operations.
- Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Illustrated Parts Catalogues and Structural Repair Manuals.
- Working knowledge of computer based applications.
- High school diploma
- Effectively speak, read and write in the English language
Preferred Job Skills:
- Prior experience at a FAR Part 145 repair station preferred.
Physical requirements which are regularly expected to be performed :
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
Ability to fit in tight places
Ability to twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl and climb and sustain those positions for an extended period of time
Ability to work in confined spaces with respiratory equipment
Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet
Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
Ability to work with arms raised above head and perform repetitive tasks and motions
Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations