Everbridge is looking for entry-level full-time Incident Analysts for its Global Intelligence Operations Center (GIOC) based in McLean, VA. As an Incident Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on security related incidents to our public and private sector clients, with a focus on the sub-Sahara Africa region. French language skills are required for this position.
This is a shift position that reports to the GIOC Manager. Incident Analysts work a shift schedule of four 10 hour shifts a week, though shift schedules are subject to change. This position will include weekend shifts. Incident Analysts must maintain a flexible schedule and may be required to work holidays, weekends, and nights if needed. This particular shift will be Fri – Mon 1pm-12am.
- Monitor open source intelligence and PlanetRisk feeds for real-time security threats both domestically and globally with a focus on sub-Sahara Africa
- Write brief summaries of events and report updates to ongoing issues
- Identify trends in data to proactively monitor on-going and future incidents
- Categorize and geo-locate incidents as point, line, polyline or polygon in our enterprise platform
- Update timelines of critical events
- Assist with other client specific requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on international relations, emergency management, journalism or related fields
- French language skills (primarily reading)
- Strong writing skills
- Experience gathering open-source intelligence
- Experience using social media for open source intelligence research
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Previous experience in emergency management or intelligence fields
- Experience using data visualization and/or geographic information systems (GIS) or web scraping programs, such as Webhose
- Knowledge and understanding of database management systems (SQL knowledge a plus)
- Experience working with OSINT resources and tools such as TweetDeck, HootSuite, OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia, or RSS management tools
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.