You must apply at www.pfizercareers.com and search for Job ID 1054379.
Please note, any applications submitted through this website will not be reviewed for consideration.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Intelligence Analyst GSOC Level I position is responsible to support the Intelligence Analyst Level II in conducting the open source monitoring program and associated maintenance and training of others within the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The position calls for the preparation of various types of security reports as they pertain to global security concerns, specific locations, colleague travel, product integrity issues and trending analysis. To be successful in this position, the individual should possess the ability to mine data from multiple sources, open sourced as well as contracted, then analyze and present this information in a cohesive and relevant manner that clearly details and / or predicts any impacts, potential or otherwise to company operations, products, colleagues and sites. The function will be based at the Pfizer Corporate Headquarters in New York and expected to be located within the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) as part of the GSOC team.
In addition to the above the position will be responsible to take day to day ownership of the GSOC’s Risk Visualization dashboard and be the key point of contact with the hosting vendor to ensure appropriate functionality, system data integrity and work with the various business units within the organization that need to leverage the system for their own operational needs.
Provide effective support and collaboration with colleagues within the various directorates which comprise global security while possessing the ability to add value via analysis to the varied security concerns and investigations is crucial to the success of the function. These multiple responsibilities require that the individual have a keen understanding of the corporate hierarchy, structure, mission as well as the underlying security concerns. The positon will work in conjunction with the Intelligence Analyst GSOC Level II to meet the intelligence and monitoring needs of the GSOC and be required to fill the role duties of the Level II Analyst in their absence.
This position requires the individual to perform a multitude of intelligence related tasks working collaboratively with the Intelligence Analyst GSOC Level II to include:
- Employing established monitoring protocols from open source and contract intelligence services to maintain global situational awareness as they relate to actual or potential impacts to Company assets.
- Have the knowledge and ability to identify incidents which have the potential to negatively impact colleague safety, company assets / property, its reputation as well as the integrity of our medicines and products.
- Recognize and respond proactively by communicating threats to company leadership in order to minimize the effects on the business or on colleague safety.
- Prepare global security assessments aligned with company business locations in a clear and concise manner, which accurately identify real and potential threats for senior leadership (ELT members and staff), business units, country managers, security colleagues, meeting planners and organizers so that appropriate recommendations and security concerns can be adequately addressed.
- Conduct and collaborate on political and security related research and analysis, in order to properly identify current trends and their impacts to company operations, colleagues and travelers.
- Apply predictive analytics in order to mine data from multiple sources in an effort to identify patterns and trends. Based upon results obtained, make educated assumptions and predictions that aid global security in the areas of: political unrest, crime, supply chain security, terrorism, product integrity, information security, kidnapping trends and country specific security services. * Collaborate with global security product integrity investigators and global security intelligence analysts in order to identify causal links in the area of counterfeiting as it relates to geographical and geopolitical trends.
- Be the point of contact for Global Security’s open source monitoring platform to include interaction with vendor support team, assist with training and administration of program to afford authorized users of the system access and working knowledge of the program. Is the conduit for identified issues associated with the tool.
- Conduct special project intelligence and assessment research and reporting at the direction of the Chief Security Officer, Global Security, Deputy Chief Security officer, Senior Directors of the various Global Security disciplines, Director GSOC & Senior Manager GSOC.
- Support the various functions within global security, including link analysis reports product integrity matters, monitoring and reporting information threats to information security teams, coordination with the Executive Protection Director to develop executive protection risk reports, and provide overall support to the GSOC operations.
- Collaboratively prepare the annual Country Risk Forecast report for use by Global Security and other business units which includes the identification of countries thought to have significant with any or all of the following in the coming year: geopolitical, economic, social, health and safety, crime and terrorism. This report shall also discuss key factors or forecasted events which could have a significant impact to the Company’s operations and assets (facilities, people, and reputation).
- Present data and reports, including analysis, assumptions, and predictions in short concise business terms to brief senior leadership at all levels within the organization concerning risks and threats.
- Maintain stewardship of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Dashboard. This responsibility requires the continuous maintenance and enhancement of an application, which feeds intelligence, various organizational information, RSS feeds and overlays into a single tool for the GSOC Watch Officers by working with the third party source vendor’s support team.
- Working with various business units requiring the use of risk visualization platform, ensure that their operational needs are met by having their required data sets incorporated into the GSOC Dashboard to properly display and alert necessary stakeholders of a risk event. This is an
ongoing task that requires site administrative knowledge of the application.
- Support GSOC Watch Officer activities especially in times of crisis when issues of colleague accountability, safety, timely event intelligence gathering is crucial in supporting the GSOC’s efforts to manage the event.
- Possess the ability to work independently and complete projects within the time allocated.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to gather and evaluate information and prepare written documents that clearly and concisely identify the issues presented and their proposed resolutions.
- Must be a strategic thinker with a firm understanding of the balance between business and security; able to adjust to the changing nature of the job requirements and the company as a whole.
Bachelor’s Degree required, (Political Science preferred)
Minimum of two years prior intelligence analyst experience.
Training in Analytic Methodologies (preferred)
Possess strong effective communications skills both written and verbal that demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment and the ability to convey information, justify conclusions and recommendations in a clear, coherent and accurate manner.
Strong organizational & time management skills.
Skilled in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Database management)
Skilled with the Software that controls the information dashboard within the GSOC & web based search tools.
Standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time are all pre-requisites for this position.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires the flexibility to work within the framework of a 24/7 security need. This specifically means the ability to work weekends and holidays if necessary, including periodic travel with little or no notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time