The Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting the digital signage systems within the Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ). The digital signage system combines software-based systems from Microsoft, Ominvex, Vbrick, and other ancillary vendors to provide digital display systems within the DHHQ. The digital display systems present TV, RSS feeds, internal messaging, and conference room scheduling.
Responsibilities include sustainment of systems within a virtual server environment, end-user computing displays, and the set-top boxes used to convert digital content for display. A thorough understanding of Microsoft server and client operating systems is required. Experience with Omnivex and Vbrick systems is preferred, but not required.
The System Engineer will work with the Audio-Visual Technician and the Technical Program Manager to supplement AV support requirements for the DHHQ Pavilion and Conference Center when necessary.
- Monitoring the virtual server systems
- Maintain system patches and updates
- Troubleshoot and restore systems when system failures occur
- Support a shared resource conference facility with three salons, an executive conference room, four overflow areas and a production control booth. Provide setup and tear down support for AV equipment.
- Assist with defining and documenting processes for system operations; risk and issue resolution; testing, and training
- Provide support for Information Assurance compliance of the digital signage systems
- Provide support for digital signage throughout the building.
- Track and report on an ad hoc and recurring requirements
- Participate in the development of presentations and the documentation of deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be proficient and experienced with Microsoft server systems (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Must be proficient and experienced with Microsoft client systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- The selected candidate must also perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot malfunctions of equipment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management. Must be personable and professional as they will routinely interact with high-level executives and high-ranking military officials.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting while following established processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Active Secret Clearance required
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Casual, Fun and Exciting Work Environment
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.