Title: Knowledge Manager & Outreach Coordinator
Location: McLean, VA
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay plus benefits
• Assists senior leaders to implement integration strategies and plans to support regional or functional AOR priorities and enable community-wide collaboration and intelligence sharing, including virtual communications and community outreach and engagement.
• Develops and helps to implement a strategic communication strategy and overseeing knowledge management activities, including Strategic Communication, Customer Outreach, and Community Engagement.
• Assists in intelligence management; facilitation and interaction with virtual communities of interest; virtual community engagement on topics of assigned office’s concern including high-interest events and exercises; implementation of collaboration strategies; promulgating lessons learned and best practices; and reporting of metrics to assess progress against USG strategies.
• Develops, supports, populates, assists in monitoring, and grows electronic social media platforms, to include chat, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, bookmarks, RSS feeds, Share Point, and communities of interest (COl), and enhancing their use in promoting collaboration and information sharing.
• Reviews and helps to assess, for Government review, the effectiveness of communication initiatives to varied audiences and performing quality assurance reviews on written products to ensure conformance with internal policies and procedures as well as organizational guidance and direction.
• Solicits input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered through the COl and researching the availability of new tools internally and externally to assist developers in enhancing and improving the current tool set to better meet the needs of the users.
• Provides meeting and governance support including planning, logistics, note taking, meeting summaries, and tracking of tasks related to the meeting or forum
Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 5 years of work experience related to the technical requirement (SOW 4.3)
• 1 year experience working with or in the IC
• Demonstrated proficiency in working effectively in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet simultaneous deadlines in short periods of time.
• Demonstrated experience working with or managing virtual collaboration tools including chat, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, bookmarks, RSS feeds, SharePoint, and COl.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the regional or functional area of responsibility against which the FTE is proposed to perform.
• Proficient in supporting integrating/training activities of diverse groups
• Demonstrated familiarity with IC computer networks, virtual collaboration tools, and training capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Designer Experience in strategic communications.
• Demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
• Support surges in work, such as staging multiple events simultaneously at different locations.
• Availability for meetings, consultations and any related tasking and deadlines.
• Ability to produce deliverables in formats as required by staff leadership.
• Formats may include standard Microsoft documents (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively independently, in a team or collaborative environment.
• Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
• Ability to work with senior officials, to build and sustain professional networks in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-task environment, and to manage competing priorities.
• Be adaptable and flexible to perform a range of tasks and work with many different offices and organizations across the organization and the community.
• Be proactive in developing innovative ideas and in communicating them effective Gov’t sponsors.
• Strong writing and grammatical skills to develop products that require little or no editing.
• Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Clearance must be current and active. We cannot sponsor new clearances for this role.
At TPGS, we understand and value the unique needs of our government clients and industry partners as well as the pressing need to complete projects on time. We also understand this can only be accomplished with the right people. Since opening the doors in 2012, the founders had a simple vision: Build a company that never loses sight of taking care of all of its highly talented employees.
Everyone is family at TPGS and you can feel it the minute you join the team! Whether its team lunches, dinners, happy hours or holiday celebrations and get-togethers, you never feel like a number at TPGS.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Team Lunches
- Leadership Incentives
TPGS CORE VALUES
- BE THE BEST
- UNDERSTAND THE URGENCY
- NEVER GIVE UP
- HAVE THE COURAGE TO EXCEL
- MAKE A CONTRIBUTION
TPGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.