Dallas, TX 75244
The Copywriter is a passionate storyteller for New Benefits, our products and services, and our brands with the purpose of attracting and retaining clients, and increasing brand awareness. The Copywriter is also responsible for interpreting the goals of each marketing project and developing original copy that grabs the attention of the target audience. The Copywriter will be responsible for writing content across a variety of mediums including emails, blogs, articles, flyers, brochures, websites, video scripts, press releases, benefit language, mobile application language, proposals, presentations, social media, direct mail and other marketing pieces.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a strong understanding of New Benefits’ products and value proposition for various audiences including prospects, clients, and consumers
- Write persuasive, concise and relevant content that delivers a strong core message to promote the sale of New Benefits’ products and services
- Write content that adheres to brand standards and work alongside the Marketing team to further develop brand tone, voice, and copy guidelines
- Manage New Benefits database of marketing content (including RSS feeds)
- Translate industry-related data, news, and topics into engaging stories
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team (Director of Marketing, Graphic Designer, and Marketing Coordinator) to produce cohesive and valuable deliverables
- Collaborate with the Vendor Relations Team to develop creative and compelling product descriptions and sales tools
- Update marketing copy based on compliance and vendor changes and requirements
- Present ideas and concepts to the Director of Marketing and gather feedback from other departments when necessary
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending applicable workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies to maintain current skills and gain knowledge of new and innovative tools
- Actively contribute to New Benefits’ culture and embrace our core values in every aspect of your work and behavior
Qualifications and Skills
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Portfolio of work required
- Passionate about current events, business news, new advertising, and copywriting trends and techniques
- Strong time and project management skills to ensure deadlines are met on or before schedule
- Ability to provide high quality assurance on all copy-related deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Communication or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a writer/copywriter for both B2B and B2C audiences
- 2 or more years of experience handling, interpreting and translating complex data and research into compelling copy to promote New Benefits
- Ability to work collaboratively with a creative team
- Superior organizational skills and a strong eye for detail
- Proficiency utilizing all social media platforms and writing for each medium
- Insurance or health and wellness benefit experience is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience applying compliance, company policies and procedures to marketing materials
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours, and function in an environment with interruptions
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds
Job Specific Competencies:
- Written Communication – The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Conceptual Thinking – The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
- Influencing Others – The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Self Confidence – Faith in one’s own ideas and capability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to New Benefits.
Other jobs you may like
The Integer Group
Dallas, TX30+ days ago
New Benefits, Ltd. has been wholesaling and servicing customized discount and insured health benefit programs since 1990. With over 20…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed