Energy feeds on energy. If you flourish in a fast paced, results-oriented environment, if you want to achieve individual success within a “team first” organization, and if you believe you can contribute and succeed in a demanding yet collegial atmosphere, then Lattice may well be just what you’re looking for.
Specific Job Description (Accountabilities & Requirements)
Lattice Semiconductor is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team as our WW Packaging & Assembly Integration Manager. Qualified candidates must hold at least a BS degree in EE, ECE, or ME and have extensive knowledge of semiconductor assembly process development. In this position, the candidate will lead Package Design engineers and Assembly Process Integration engineers in San Jose-CA, Hillsboro-OR, and Manila-Philippines, and interact with multiple sub-contractors to define and create microelectronic package designs using a variety of interconnect technologies.
Responsibilities include global team leadership for:
• Generating custom substrate and micro-electronic package designs.
• Consulting with internal and external team members on silicon-package-board design and trade-offs.
• Working closely with Silicon Design to optimize die-to-package layouts for optimum electrical performance, size and high-quality manufacturing.
• Generating package extractions and driving compliance with signal and power integrity specifications.
• Providing oversight for release of new package designs to sub-contractors.
• Continuously improving processes and best known methods for all aspects of package design and assembly process integration.
• Interfacing with external partners (sub-contractors) for technical problem-solving and assembly/package technology roadmap collaboration.
• Interfacing with our Customers to respond to package and board-level issues associated with our devices, and, respond to inquiries enabling new opportunities.
• IC package assembly processes and package constructions, interconnect technology, industry structure, packaging subcontractor capabilities, and electrical properties of materials.
• Assembly process development methodologies with a high degree of understanding of sub-contractor manufacturing processes.
• CAD tools for package substrate design and generation of package design documentation.
• RLC characteristics and use of HSPICE and Signal Integrity analysis tools such as HFSS, 3DFEM, or ADS.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. Adept at generating well-organized presentations and design collateral to support robust, data-driven decisions to enable release of approved package designs.
• Global team management and leadership skills – goal setting and clarity, planning and problem-solving, enabling team success, coaching and performance management.
• External partner (sub-contractor) and Customer interface skills are critical to this role.
Lattice recognizes that employees are its greatest asset and the driving force behind success in a highly competitive, global industry. Lattice continually strives to provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits program to attract, retain, motivate, reward and celebrate the highest caliber employees in the industry.
Lattice is an international, service-driven developer of innovative low cost, low power programmable design solutions. Our global workforce, some 800 strong, shares a total commitment to customer success and an unbending will to win. For more information about how our FPGA , CPLD , and programmable power management devices help our customers unlock their innovation, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via , Facebook , or RSS . At Lattice, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
Feel the energy.