The Digital Signage & LED Operator manages and executes the sponsor and game elements on the Digital Signage system and LED Displays for the In-Arena show and Event rotation. They are responsible for the proper execution of the show and ad rotation as dictated
by the LED Manager and Producer and Digital TV Systems Manager.
• Reports To: Broadcast Services Specialist
• Indirectly Reports To: Director of Broadcast Technology & Services
• # of Direct Reports: None
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 21-40
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Signage & LED Operator is responsible for the proper display and operation of the Four Winds Interactive Digital Signage System and Daktronics LED Displays In-Arena and on the concourses and destination spaces as dictated by the Producer and LED
Manager and Digital TV Systems Manager at the Amway Center during live events.
• Testing of all equipment and software prior to the opening of doors, including but not limited to the Four Winds Interactive display controller, , Samsung KNOX Device Management, Vitec EZTV Manager, Daktronics Show Control software, Display Studio, Venus
8000 and related programs is required.
• Following the instructions of the Digital TV Systems Manager to build and manage the ad rotations, data feeds, menus and destination signage throughout the event night.
• Following the instructions of the show LED Manager and Producer instantaneously during the show in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with the Digital TV Systems Manager, Digital Signage Manager and City Client if applicable prior to the start of the event to confirm that all content is up to date and correctly programmed.
• Collaborate with the production team during cue-to-cue rehearsal
• Manage multiple graphic elements, both sponsor and entertainment related, on cue and as scheduled.
• Organizing virtual workspace and insure all required elements are in proper order, current and up to production standards as determined by the LED Manager, show Production Schedule and Advertising Rotation.
• Work with the Amway Center technical staff to manually/visually confirm that Digital Signage content is displaying properly throughout the Amway Center concourse TVs, suites, menu boards and destination spaces and to assist in troubleshooting any issues.
• Report any issues with displays, content, advertising, or IPTV playback promptly to supervising manager.
• Communicate consistently and clearly through predetermined channels such as hand held radio, Slack, text, etc. with supervising manger, Magic and City staff as directed.
• Management and execution of Sponsor Rotation and in-game crowd prompts and other elements as needed.
• Decision Making Abilities: Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results
• All other duties as assigned.
Sitting for long periods of time.
Walking around the venue multiple times each event.
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of Digital Signage operation experience preferred.
• 1 years of live LED operation experience preferred.
• Knowledge of NBA and Orlando Magic basketball preferred.
• Live sports video production experience strongly preferred.
• Proficient in both Mac and Windows-based work environments.
• Proficient in Daktronics Venus 7000, Microsoft Office 2007, Outlook, Excel, Word, and other related computer skills required. Experience or working knowledge of Digital Signage management systems, Daktronics Display Studio, Show Control, Adobe Photoshop and
After Effects is preferred.
• Understanding of animation video codecs and digital video formats required.
• Understanding of RSS feeds, social media content and basic HTML5 programming preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.