Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position requires creative and proactive critical thinking skills and is responsible for identifying and analyzing threats to, and risks for all aspects of the company’s global operations. The analyst will develop, draft, and disseminate timely intelligence products are in accordance with Comcast standards, and coordinate a wide variety of activities to support Comcast’s Travel Security Program and global security operations. Support includes developing tailored briefings, coordinating watch priorities with Comcast’s Global Security Operations Center preparing country risk assessments and travel reports, conducting threat investigations, completing event risk assessments, and creating information papers for delivery to a variety of business groups.
- Constantly reviews world events to identify risks and opportunities for the entire enterprise, completing expert analysis of the implications of these events for the company’s growth and success and delivering these products to the appropriate client groups, including senior leaders
- Conducts all-hazards risk and threat assessments and analysis of complex geo-political trends and events with impacts on the global enterprise. Completes special projects to support key initiatives across the enterprise
- Provides in-depth advisories and situation reports, focused on impact to the company and the company’s ability to continue the conduct of business during the incident
- Contributes analytic input on Situation Reports prepared by other teams
- Monitors open source intelligence feeds for real-time security threats both domestically and globally
- Experience working with OSINT resources and tools such as Dataminr, Liferaft Navigator, TweetDeck, hashtag analysis tools, OpenStreetMap, Wikimapia, or RSS management tools
- Experience using data visualization and/or geographic information systems (GIS)
- Collaborates with employees, contractors, and vendors across cultural boundaries
- Identify trends in data to proactively monitor on-going and future incidents
- Produces timely, accurate investigative reports.
- Manages multiple types of investigations (code of conduct, theft of service, misappropriation of funds, workplace violence) assuming control of high stress situations.
- Conducts interviews of suspects, witnesses, and victims.
- Documents, stores, and maintains evidence according to the chain of custody guidelines.
- Ensures that all investigations/inquiries are completely objective and brought to a logical conclusion in the best interest of the Company.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as single point-of-contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees or customers.
- Understands the laws and statutes impacting methods used in successful investigations, and is able to make well-rounded decisions based on this experience.
- Works “undercover” as needed performing appropriate “sting” operations and or controlled illegal equipment purchases.
- Performs surveillance activities as required.
- Testifies under oath in municipal, superior, and federal court as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Business, Law, International relations, political economy, economics, development, political science or other related fields of study are preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Experience in open source intelligence collection, analysis, and/or production with a major law enforcement, intelligence or other national security agency, international inter-governmental organization, corporate global security, or academia or non-governmental organization
- Excellent writing skills
- Working knowledge of information technology, social media and tech related trends is preferred
- Ability to concisely communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to solve complex problems and follow through to solution
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possess a working knowledge of geo-political analysis with a thorough understanding of intelligence cycle and architecture, to include planning, collection, assessing, dissemination, and revision
Employees at all levels are expect to :
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer