Terradin, LLC located in downtown Roanoke, is looking to add a Senior PHP Developer/ Data Engineer to our amazing team!
Are you looking to further your career with a company that is Fun , Professional and Forward Thinking ? If you said yes, then we would love to talk with you!
A Senior PHP Developer/ Data Engineer is responsible for data extraction (API Web Services, scraping user interfaces,) data cleansing, data transmission and data distribution (XML data feeds) and will work closely with back-end developers and report to the Director of Technology.
· Connect to and extract raw data via API web services.
· Transmit data to third parties using API web services.
· Scrape front-end user interfaces and store structured data in a database.
· Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
· Build front-end data dashboards consisting of structured data.
· Outputting data in different formats, including building custom XML and RSS feeds.
· Work with clients to define and document data requirements.
· Work with clients to review extracted data and perform data cleansing accordingly.
· Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs and identify opportunities to “clean” source data.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Proven working experience as a data engineer.
· Advanced understanding of SQL and relational databases.
· Excellent back-end development skills with PHP 5.3+ and MySQL.
· Strong experience in REST/SOAP Web Services/APIs.
· Experience in Database Abstraction.
· Ability to convert data from various formats (Excel, ACCESS etc.) into developed databases.
· Experience in understanding client needs and documenting detailed requirements.
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong knowledge of web security techniques and best practices.
· Ability to pay attention to details and “think outside the box”.
· Self-starter, Able to be proactive and possess the ability to maintain focus with minimal supervision.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
We are excited to offer an extensive benefits package and great work environment! For immediate consideration, please apply online.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Type: Full-time