The Department of Defense, US Army, Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM) G6, has a requirement to provide Information Technology (IT) services and Digital Trainer support for the CASCOM and its subordinate organizations, which include the Army Logistics University (ALU), and the Ordnance (OD), Quartermaster (QM), and Transportation Corps (TC) schools.
The G-6 mission is comprehensive and includes computer and IT support for Department of the Army (DA) civilians, contractors, and permanent party military personnel. Successful candidates will provide a variety of support services to include Non-secured Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNET), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), Digital Trainers, for example, Logistic Information Systems (LIS), Basic Electronic Maintenance Trainer (BEMT), STRYKER, Integrated Computerized Deployment System (ICODES), Mission Command system training support, conventional classroom, Classroom XXI, faculty/staff, and web product support.
- Manage, implement and direct the graphical design, site planning and layout of web applications, websites, and web related services and technology by utilizing dynamic and static web interfaces using HTML, DHTML, VB Script, Java Scripts, and Cascading Style Sheets.
- Design, develop and support web content with Blogs, RSS/News feeds, audio and video, and social networking services and their associated APIs.
- Create Microsoft SharePoint pages and content utilizing basic web parts, administering permissions and groups, updating information, creating workflows, and basic maintenance procedures.
- Consult with business content owners and a variety of content providers, departments, and offices to provide solutions, drafting the final version for publication.
- Provide input and feedback to content owners and management support on design, aesthetics, and implementation of enriching features and technologies within the Government environment.
- Performs reviews and audit actions for websites and online content for relevant and timely information while remaining compliant with regulations and policy.
- Perform maintenance, administration, and enhancement of websites and web-based services.
- Design and implement links to other DoD websites that comply with DoD and U.S. Army G-6 standards and regulations.
- Analyze and/or assess existing and emerging technologies to determine their relevance to the existing web environments. This includes, but is not limited to, software assessments, standardization assessments, and configuration topography/site structure assessments.
- Identify changes necessary to upgrade websites and services.
- Provide image and photo manipulation solutions, for final draft publication.
- Provide video, motion graphics, and animation solutions, for final draft publication.
- Provide graphics solutions to use in branding, logos, web graphics for final draft publication.
- Establish and perform reviews and audit actions for web related analytical information where authorized and available regarding web-based traffic, visits, browsers, and trends which allow for decision-making processes to determine future needs and/or validate content availability and usage.
- Coordinate with G-6 Government webmaster and Division Chief to determine additional opportunities to manage web content, obtain information of near-term and forecasted changes to the Government’s webgraphicimagevideo management path to guide contract performance and execution.
- Provide areas for dialogue between Government customer base and webmasterdesigner team members regarding applicable policy, regulations, and project execution.
- Provide technical guidance and support for web-based tools, supporting webmasters throughout CASCOM/SCOE. Perform as the point of contact for webmaster software support.
- Ensure compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) Accessibility Standards.
- Support and coordinate with business content owners, content providers, departments, and offices in support of external official presences (EOPs) on approved social networking services to promote organizational initiatives, social media campaigns, and other public related web-based initiatives targeted to various public customers, which include Government agencies and the public.
- Coordinate with senior leaders, senior staff, business content owners and providers, departments, and offices to provide web based strategic planning, website migration, site redesigns, campaign planning, and content management of organizational web-based products and services.
- Assist the CASCOM Information Assurance Manager with gathering and preserving web site/service data and information necessary to meet all reporting requirements.
- Review and verify all published information, ensuring data meets government standards for appropriate release actions before publishing to organizational public or private web sites.