Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Advertising, the Social Media Strategist will implement Germania Insurance’s social media strategy and manage the day-to-day tasks adhering to Germania’s social media standards.
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for developing strategies (content) to increase fan base on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. by outlining a campaign calendar and conceptualizing tactics to increase audience engagement. This person is also the voice of those public sites, actively engaging followers in a dialogue in an effort to transform visitors into brand advocates. This individual represents Germania and its products to the public; therefore a high degree of tact and professionalism is expected, even in the casual environment of Twitter.
The Social Media Strategist will coordinate with stakeholders all across Germania to ensure its effectiveness and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services. This person will become a public advocate of Germania in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate and within a specified “best practices” timeframe.
Engage the community actively and responsively, both in relevant outpost communities and existing resident channels (like brand communities).
Establish and use listening platforms to gauge the health of the brand online and potential for participating in new communities.
Create and facilitate content in multiple media to further engagement goals, both internally and externally and contribute resources and expertise to prospective and existing community members.
Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to appropriate parties.
Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
Maintain an appropriate schedule for updating material and researching trends in the social media community.
Develop campaigns for social media sites to help build brand awareness.
Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other similar social community sites and seed content into social applications.
Help design, customize and maintain social media accounts.
Write, proof and post content on social media networking sites.
Establish relevant metrics (new) to map the impact of social media activities in both a qualitative and quantitative fashion and amend strategies based on learnings and patterns.
Monitor brand activity on social networking sites.
Drive and measure traffic sent from social media efforts.
Establish benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media efforts (as it ties to campaign or production goals).
Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports regarding traffic.
Monitor trends in social media tools, trends, applications and resources on how to best promote awareness.
Monitor media activity through RSS feeds and social bookmarking sites.
Develop a standard set of tools and best practices for monitoring social media.
Work with teams to develop action plans for achieving and measuring social programs success, including determining key metrics, processes for measurement and optimization.
Provide training/expertise to help other areas of the company learn and tap the potential of social media for their roles. (Plan for the future).
Collaborate on internal communication programs to inform and educate around social media initiatives and their broader implications (Yammer).
Communicate and collaborate on how social media activities impact other business operations, including customer support, human resources, product development, sales and business development and translate online community and social learnings into business insights.
Performs general administrative duties relating to the position.
Performs other related duties as directed.
1. A bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Information Technology, Web Marketing or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in social media.
2. Knowledgeable about social media practices.
3. Possess the ability and patience to educate internal/external audiences.
4. Proven track record of successfully channeling social media outlets to engage with target audiences and elevate brand awareness.
5. Both personal and professional immersion in current social media networks and trends along with in-depth knowledge of social media tools and techniques.
6. Experience with social media monitoring tools.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills.
8. Strong organizational skills and very detailed-oriented.
9. Solid project management experience and administrative capabilities.
10. Must have ability to develop and execute detailed plans, collect and interpret large quantities of data and prepare and present concise summaries of findings.
11. Must demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written.
12. Must show good problem-solving techniques.
13. Must exhibit good personal characteristics.
14. Ability to use standard office equipment
15. Proficient in MS office, word and excel and any other preferred software to manage social media content or metrics.
16. Germania Insurance reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
17. Bilingual is a plus