SUMMARYSets up and operates precision grinding machine with special indexing equipment to grind master and precision parts by performing the following duties: Experience in production run set-ups and use of tooling, fixtures, segment selection, and safety procedures for grinders. Experience operating 24″ and 96″ large reciprocating surface grinders.
- In–depth knowledge of the grinding process (wheel selection and offsets, wheel dressing, typical speeds and feeds for different applications, checking machine alignment, finish requirements etc.)
- Ability to set-up and operate large reciprocating surface grinders without assistance.
- Read and follow instructions from Job checklist sheets and input record measurements for record.
- Ability to read a manufacturing drawing and identify specifications/measurements for part.
- Ability to use micrometers, machinist’s scales, protractors, and calipers to measure finish ground components.
- Know and apply safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, able to safely operate/oversee multiple machines at one time.
Qualifications and Job Requirements: Job Knowledge: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Manage work area and meet high levels of housekeeping and cleanliness. Experience working in a 5S environment essential
- Maintains high quality production with little or no scrap.
- Must be able to pass forklift driving test.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and up to 15 pounds above shoulder height on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack, hoist, and other machining equipment.
- Eye and Hearing protection devices are required, as defined by safety guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Eye and hearing protection must be worn as outlined in safety guidelines.
- 401K (After 6 months of employment with 365RSS)
- Minimal Essential Healthcare and Prescription Plan
- Short-Term Disability
365RSS is equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Grinding: 1 year (Preferred)