Energy feeds on energy. If you flourish in a fast paced, results-oriented environment, if you want to achieve individual success within a “team first” organization, and if you believe you can contribute and succeed in a demanding yet collegial atmosphere, then Lattice may well be just what you’re looking for.
Specific Job Description (Accountabilities & Requirements)
We are looking for a highly-motivated senior software manager to lead our Software Quality Assurance team in Lattice Semiconductor, the source for innovative FPGA, PLD, Video ASSP and mmWave products. This position is located at Lattice Silicon Valley San Jose site, reporting to the VP of software systems and solutions.
You will be managing a group of software quality engineers worldwide including teams in our R&D centers in Shanghai, China, and Hyderabad, India. As the head of the quality assurance team you will be responsible for managing the team to review functional specification, verifies software usage model with the design description, prepares test plans, performs alpha, beta, and production tests, and finishes final test reports. You will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement in your QA methodology, automation and processes for a successful quality program that identifies process and software problems before the product is released.
You will also be managing the third party software deliverables with our partners including strategic goal alignments, deliverables and milestones, synchronization of release schedules, and the overall quality of the 3rd party software programs.
As the head of the Lattice software quality, you will also be involved in working with our software marketing team to manage our customer advisory board program, a channel that will be directly connected with our field application engineers, application engineers to identify the field requests, urgent customer issues, and a prioritization process which will be part of our software planning, MRD, and product releases processes.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of management experience in EDA or FPGA industry.
- Experience of managing the development, QA, or application development of a design automation system, or embedded system is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in FPGA or ASIC HDL design and simulation flows, application development, system or board level design are required.
- Individuals with strong desire and ability to explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate excellent analysis and problem-solving skills are preferred.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined with the ability to set the team goals and work consistently towards achieving them.
- Experience with scripting (such as Python, C/Bourne shell, etc.), C/C++ on LINUX and/or WINDOWS platforms is a desired plus.
Lattice recognizes that employees are its greatest asset and the driving force behind success in a highly competitive, global industry. Lattice continually strives to provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits program to attract, retain, motivate, reward and celebrate the highest caliber employees in the industry.
Lattice is an international, service-driven developer of innovative low cost, low power programmable design solutions. Our global workforce, some 800 strong, shares a total commitment to customer success and an unbending will to win. For more information about how our FPGA , CPLD , and programmable power management devices help our customers unlock their innovation, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via , Facebook , or RSS . At Lattice, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
Feel the energy.