Summary Description Of Position
Any employee designated as lead avionics technician by the company shall perform work as an avionics technician for a major portion of the time and assume responsibility for the satisfactory completion and quality of all job assignments. In addition, he/she shall be required to lead, assign work to, and direct the work of other employees in a given classification and/or a specialized job or operation.
Performs trouble-shooting, operational testing, modification, and repair of components of aircraft instrument, electrical, and electronic systems in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved maintenance manuals.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid airframe license required
- FCC license preferred but not required
- Five (5) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and maintenance manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge of work to be performed within a given classification and/or a specialized job/operation.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Must be able to satisfactorily accomplish all job assignments with little or no supervision or instruction.
- Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badge
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and overtime
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Shall perform work in his classification for a major portion of his assigned working hours.
- Leads, assigns work to, and directs all work in conformance with the classifications of employees assigned to him.
- Instructs other employees in the proper methods and procedures of performing jobs when required.
- Reads and interprets information, answers questions, reviews work in process, and checks completed work to ensure quality and timely completion of all job assignments.
- Responsible for satisfactory completion of work performed by employees assigned to him.
- Refers any matter to his Supervisor which is not within his authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire
- Travel on an as needed bases to support off-site maintenance
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to hear at conversational level with hearing aide
- Must have correctable near and far vision