This position is responsible for the operation of supply storerooms to include receiving, shipping, packaging, inspection, safeguarding, issue, preserving for storage and transferring of stock to include tools, parts, raw materials, assemblies, instruments, equipment, and other supplies in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the Company, applicable Government Agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
This position will be considered Part-Time to accommodate those who are currently enrolled at the National Aviation Academy (NAA), employees will not exceed more than 20 hours per week, including weekend days. Our ideal candidate is a current student at the NAA who has just started their program at the NAA and will work in the Materials dept. for about one year before being eligible to transition to the floor. This position will give the candidate/employee to opportunity to learn about AIRBORNE policies, procedures and familiarize them with the MRO environment.
- A high school education or equivalent, plus one year experience in aircraft stores, material control, and/or shipping.
- Must be familiar with aircraft stock catalogues, aircraft components, parts or stock lists, etc., and be able to look up part numbers.
- Requires the ability to perform physical labor and accurately follow verbal or written instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools and equipment such as hammers, saw, crow bars, hand and jack trucks.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must have working knowledge of operation of a motor vehicle, fork lift, etc.
- Must possess some knowledge of handling, transporting, shipping, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment and programs when given proper training.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of receiving areas, shipping areas, supply storerooms, warehouses, and stock issue stations in accordance with applicable supply procedure and verbal instructions.
- Performs duties as assigned incidental to the receipt, storage, issue, transfer, or shipping of stock.
- Sets up and maintains efficient storage and supply areas as assigned.
- Maintains authorized stock levels and issues materials as required.
- Completes, verifies, and maintains records, forms, and reports (by computers or otherwise) necessary to accomplish assigned duties.
- Performs research to include use of technical orders, stock lists, and other manuals to affix stock numbers to physical objects for proper identification and nomenclature.
- Plans work and instructs associate personnel in shipping, receiving, issuing, and packaging as required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.