Summary Description Of Position
Tool Room Attendants are responsible for the inventory control of items maintained in the Tool room. An attendant also maintains the tool room in a neat and orderly manner. An attendant is expected to assist co-workers with tooling needs, and provide information to new employees regarding tooling and supplies.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A Valid Driver’s License
- Must qualify for airport SIDA badge
- General Computer Skills
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Maintain control of tool room, issue tools and supplies to production personnel; returns tooling to assigned tool room location and keep company property well maintained and clean.
- Stock tooling and supplies.
- Re-stocks the tooling dispensing machines daily or as needed.
- Periodically, as scheduled, conduct inventory count of workstations.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts of Tool Room inventories, as scheduled.
- Correct any inventory deficiencies or discrepancies.
- Issue test reports for testing of new tooling.
- Checks boxes and verifies packing slip.
- Additional Functions As delegated by the Tool Room Manager
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a normal office environment.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.